Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 5 EOC: Progress towards my Four Professional Contacts and Progress on Networking.

I have had the opportunity to obtain three out of the four professional contacts. Currently, I’ve taken the time to obtain an attorney, an insurance consultant, and a tech. I have yet to speak with anybody from the bank. I would like to have a detailed business plan completed before doing so. My goal is to actually speak about realistic situations, rather than small talk that gets me nowhere. It would be a good idea after the business plan is completed to speak with the four contacts again. I can then track my progress, and follow through with some of the tactics. I haven’t had much progress in the subject of networking. It’s not that I don’t want to go and meet new people. I spend most of my day at work, with little time to attend any special events. I’m aware of how important the networking process is. It is definitely vital, in order to be noticed. My goal is to become proficient and consistent with the whole process. Once I graduate, I think it will provoke me to get out there and to hustle for what I seek from the production world. The conventions held in the area, have been something I’ve wanted to try. All in all, it’s not what you know…it’s who you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment